Normalizing the nutritional state is essential for the maintenance and promotion of health, prevention of disease and its recurrence, treatment of patients, and successful nursing. Based on the evidence of life science, the School of Nutrition and Dietetics cultivates human resources capable of studying the relationship between nutrition and health, disease or disability, and searching for different ways to normalize the state of nutrition, thus contributing to the development of human health, medical care and social welfare.
The School of Nurtrition and DieteticsBack
In order to achieve the Faculty's educational goals, our mission is to help students acquire, by the time of graduation, the following abilities:
- To grasp the relationship between health and nutrition from a nutritional perspective, and to study and understand how nutrition affects the maintenance and promotion of health, prevention of disease and its recurrence, treatment of patients, and successful nursing.
- To systematically evaluate and judge the state of health and/or nutrition of an individual or individuals in the community.
- To systematically and precisely grasp specific issues of health and/or nutrition, and social needs for nutrition of an individual or individuals in the community.
- To gain and use the knowledge, techniques, and skills(nutritional guidance and nutritional support) acquired for improving dietary habits and the current state of nutrition, and to evaluate the resulting effects.
- To conduct oneself as a professional expert in nutrition while providing human services in an appropriate nutrition management system established in fields that include health, medical care and social welfare.