Faculty of Health and Social ServicesBack
Human beings are irreplaceable creatures, in that each individual is gifted with his/her own specific character. They make their own living and improve their lives in tune with their community and the natural environment.
Our faculty, rooted in this notion and sustained by liberal arts, generates human resource with high ethical mind, tolerance to different ideas, deep insight and keen sensitivity which enable them to provide human services to others paying full respect to the dignity of the recipients.
In addition, it fosters capable individuals who have a wide and comprehensive knowledge and skills in the area of health, medical care and social welfare. Their professional, theoretical knowledge and practice enables them to provide total service and care.
Furthermore, it fosters promising and competent individuals who have mastered fundamental science to cope with the development of nursing, nutrition, social work and rehabilitation skills. Making the most of that new knowledge, they are committed to contribute not only to the community of human beings in Kanagawa Prefecture, but also to the international society.
The Faculty of Health and Social Services has these educational goals for students to acquire ;
- To deeply understand human beings, as creatures of no substitution and no replacement, and to develop competence in making good international human relationships.
- To examine and analyze, from a wider perspective, various problems encountered by individuals or communities and to work out solutions for them in cooperation with others.
- To learn how to make scientific judgments and to takeactions based on high ethical principles of fundamental human rights, which result in providing the most appropriate health, medical care and social welfare services to clients.
- To acquire extensive knowledge and skill of nursing, nutrition,social welfare and rehabilitation as well as to learn how to work in good cooperation with the people concerned.
- To acquire the adequate fundamental knowledge and technical skills in their respective professional domains, and to cultivate the subjective mind to continue academic studies in pursuit of truth.
- To become a valuable member of a local community as well as willingly contribute to the wellbeing of the world at large with international viewpoints.
- KUHS offers a comprehensive set of education programs that not only cover fields of specialty but also cover such subjects as selected to give students a good and deep understanding of humans, and to study health, medical care and social welfare.
- The subject "Human Services" which embodies the University's philosophy, certain subjects in "Liberal Arts and Human Development," and some subjects in "Collaborative Subjects" are offered to the students at all four Schools, thereby providing opportunities to study together. The "Major Professional Subjects" offered by the University include lectures on specialized themes, seminars for limited numbers of students, and external practical work at a hospital or welfare institution (usually in Kanagawa Prefecture). Students can thus acquire theoretical and practical abilities.
- Upon graduation, every student will have acquired the qualifications of candidacy for state examination. The School of Nursing, the School of Nutrition and Dietetics, and the School of Social Work offer additional courses for acquiring such qualifications.